The Proud Parents-to-be

The Proud Parents-to-be

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome to the Second Trimester - Week 14

So it's really official...We have made the phone calls and posted on Facebook (which really makes it official these days).  Tor and Drea are having a baby!  It is the start of week 14 and I have made it through the somewhat uncomfortable and often lonely first trimester.  Tor and I had a great doctor's visit this Thursday, where we saw the baby literally bouncing all around and turning flips in my belly.  Tor is determined that the baby was practicing basketball skills (see edited sonogram photo below)


 
I was just beginning to really celebrate the lack of morning sickness and extreme exhaustion, when I came down with both a cold and a UTI.  So now I am on the couch taking antibiotics and Sudafed, and constantly having to pee :)

The one real side effect that is getting the best of me at times would be all the hormones.  One minute I want to be hugged and cuddled, the next I want everyone to leave me alone.  I've cried over everything from forgotten hamburgers to unreturned phone calls...Good grief!  I am trying my best not to be a monster, but my Dr. Jekyll/Ms. Hyde personalities seem out of my control at times. 

Ha!  It hasn't been all bad...there is the maternity pants story:
Drea to store clerk:  "I don't feel like these pants are fitting right"
Store clerk: "Hmm....yeah, we're going to need to grab you some more of the pants with a lot of stretch in them.  You have what we call 'Bubble Butt'"
(Drea has a very curious look on her face)
Store clerk:  "Oh, don't worry, its not a bad thing"

I am determined that this was a compliment...who wouldn't want to have Bubble Butt?!?

The infamous maternity jeans...only in 2011 can a mom-to-be rock comfortable skinny jeans :)

16 comments:

  1. This is LOL! OMG that basketball photo is legit. Love it.
    I hope I returned your calls in time luvy!! Don't cry. Love you! Can't wait for our next hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn...its real, you having a lil son, that's what's up!! I wish you guys the best, and keep ya cousin post on the latest news...aaawww I wanna baby...sike ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU AND TOR AND "AMZANTORMOWILCEE" SO MUCH...I KNOW what you r going through...why did I have the exact same symptoms as you? lol The morning sickness, the feelings of loneliness, and the mickey fickey cold w/the sudafed iissh w/Harlan and Tay...OMG...it's a "baby boy" thing Andrea, I'm convinced...Dr. St. Hill (God rest his soul) MY OB/GNYN for Harlan & Ti'Ana explained to me, when I was pregnant w/ Ti'Ana, in 1991, that it's the mixture/combination of the Testosterone and Progesterone that causes us to have the morning sickness...because, it was absent w/Ti'Ana, I was never sick not one day, w/my daughter (which, u will find out in about 12 mos or less, I hope-2nd baby) so, long story short (as your mom & grand dude would say) carrying boys in our wombs is quite different than carrying girls...."crying tears of joy"...oops I'm sorry, I'm just so proud of YOU Andrea...you did it girl, and I can't forget to thank "AMBER"....for helping to propel all of us...she's our family's "rock"...I thank God for you two...and Tor & his family...you've given this family the fresh air, the cleansed breath, the goodness, new life, the LIGHT ! ...that we've lacked for so long...KNOW THAT, AND GO ON...nothing to ruminate on...it is, what it is..."I'm thankful" So, as I was saying....(and I'm a lady, so I'm gonna take my time...) the Testosterone and Progesterone ...mix, is a bit much ! So, keep your head up, know that, you are loved more than you can ever imagine, and "get through it"...the best is yet to come...true blessings...on the way...as the blessing are so apparent, and given daily...ty Lord...and yes, the baby name that I propose, right now, today, is a combination of Andrea's, Tor's, Ambers, Willie's/Chaz-William, Dawnetta's, Simomes, Thomas', Harlan's, Tracy's/Tracee's, Ti'Ana's and mine...AMZANTORMOWILCEE...laugh if you will...but this is and enormous event, a welcome occasion, and a some real-live-isshhh...and it ain't no laughing matter....Love Ya..ttyl XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. honest, I wrote "an" not "and" in the last two sentences, SEE...they still messing w/me....conspiracy theory my @$$...love u....it's all GOOD !

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice im very excited to be an uncle i wait to see ur baby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ya love Ya ( Pa Pa Burgess)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waiting waiting for papa's little angel Willamina!:)(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3;AM Lying here thinking Daddy girl/young woman is having a little Papa's girl.And yes it takes me back to when my Drea was born.What joy I felt from the moment I first saw her,and when the nurse placed her in my hands (wow) my Drea looked at me and :)smiled,and the nurse caught it and said she smiled for her Dad.I felt so blessed and I also knew in my heart (special).Mom was busy giving the the Dr Frates instructions and telling him how great of a Doctor he was(hi).Later the next day I had to take a trip to the house, got got stopped by the police yes got a ticket, my fault trying to rush back to my baby girl did't want to leave in the first place but mom said I needed a shower. Protective' yes yes and yes daddies girl.Mom got jealous (joking) Auntie Z and Amber thought it was so funny.But they called it though' Yep'thats a Daddy's girl for sure .Then in the middle house, competition'Andrea's sweet and dear Great Great grand mom Cassie crazy bout her some Andrea, her baby.If she heard mis Drea Crying for anything, she would shout out her window Willie what y'll doing to my baby.She really was an awesome lovely LADY.Then Auntie Elaine moved to San Diego from Florida to help care for her Andrea.What can I say except that she was and is great.
    And now I am thinking of papa's drea #2 LOVE LOVE Y'LL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At age 4 Daddy's Drea first serious business proposal(lets make a deal Dad) I (Andrea)decide the right punishment when I do something wrong, cause I don't like it when you spank me Dad.I must say she made extra efforts to stay out of trouble.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Just remember same deal when papa little girl gets here,right Drea? Right Tor?:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, that sounds like me...its all about compromise, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome and beutiful mother to be and really wish i was there

    ReplyDelete
  12. how the baby doin love u guys much god bless you guys and the baby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulation on little TorskyDrea's beautiful new house/home. With Love for ya always and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This morning our little angel stopped in for a moment then she ascended back to heaven to be back with Jesus our Lord and savior. But in my heart I know by the grace of God the angel will be back, why we only had her for a moment only God knows yet still God we thank you for that moment we beheld an angel of your loving grace and mercy.(PaPa Burgess)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete