The Proud Parents-to-be

The Proud Parents-to-be

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 17

My vest wont zip anymore :(
May 1...a new day and a new month, as we are now well into month #5 of the pregnancy.  It seems like I went from beer-belly to full on pregnant mama overnight.  I am now 157.5 lbs. and right on target for my 1 pound/week allowance.  Tor and I are having so much fun trying yummy, healthy recipes and getting as much exercise as I can tolerate :)
Taking a walk in the sun (finally!) at Pt. Isabel



Speaking of which, Prenatal Yoga class is my favorite time of the week!  It is amazing finding a moment at the end of a busy day to sit and breathe and experience what is happening in my life.  I sit with one hand on my heart and one on the baby to tell him/her that I love them and that there is nothing more important than our growing bond.  Okay...enough with the mushy stuff :)

My besties Kerrisha and Danielle have sent us our very first baby gifts...TOO ADORABLE!
This morning Tor and I went to pick up a really nice crib someone was literally giving away because they got 2 cribs as gifts.  So now, our back room is filled with a new dining table and chairs, a buffet, and a crib!  If you look carefully you can find Boston back there in his bed :)  Hopefully we will be moving into a new house soon...maybe one in Berkeley?!


Dad's Note:

I'm feeling really happy and contended as we look forward to meeting the baby.  We're probably three weeks from finding out whether the baby will be a boy or a girl.  We've got names picked out either way, but we're keeping 'em under wraps until delivery.  Drea and I have been taking it easy, walking the dog on Saturdays, watching TV, eating fairly healthy, taking naps.  So, even though we're both super excited to meet our child, we're taking advantage of this time to relax and get lots of quality time.  We're also excited about the possibility of getting a particular house in Berkeley, but we're trying to bide our time there as well, taking nothing for granted until we know for sure.  Anyways, baby, if sometime down the line you're reading this baby blog, I'm so excited to get to know you.  I'm gonna shower you with love, try to teach you the best I can, and help you develop a wicked jumpshot.  Love, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Awe this is so sweet! Excited to meet the new babygirl! Auntie Kerrisha is going to hook you up with something awesome and will be happy to join in spoiling the little one!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete