The Proud Parents-to-be

The Proud Parents-to-be

Monday, May 30, 2011

20 Weeks...halfway there!

IT'S A GIRL...

20 week sonogram appointment


So exciting!!!  This week marks the halfway point of my pregnancy and I couldn't be happier.  Tor and I had a detailed sonogram appointment, and the doctor was very pleased with the progress of the baby.  She is about 12 oz. and 7 in. long from head to rump, and moving around a bit throughout the day just as a little reminder "I'm in here mommy!".  I must admit, I am a little more nervous about raising a little girl than a boy.  I just keep imagining raising myself...which is somewhat of a scary thought!


At the Point Lobos Reserve in Carmel




This past weekend was also our 1 year wedding anniversary.  How time flies!!  Tor and I ran away to the coast, staying at the Hotel Abrego in Monterey.  We took a beautiful 'hike' in the Point Lobos Reserve, checking out the sea lions and breathtaking views of the water.  It was very romantic, and the perfect  getaway that was much appreciated and well-deserved.  We also went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, below are some of my favorite photos:
A sea dragon (sea horse family)

A school of fish 

Jellies!




These days, you will find me attacking a meal with real determination!  Here is my most recent victim, a vanilla-bean-snicker-doodle Ice Cream Sandwich:




A  Peaceful Journey



I am very thankful that I have had such a peaceful journey through my pregnancy so far.  It helps to have such a great, supportive partner that loves me and takes such good care of us. I can't imagine going through this without Tor by my side, and appreciate him soooo much.  I also really appreciate our great family and friends that have been blessing us with their love, prayers, and wonderful thoughts.  I know we all already love _____ very much, and can't wait to meet her in only a few more months.  


No comments:

Post a Comment